OINTB cast members Samira Wiley and Lea DeLaria
This episode was SUPER TIMELY when we recorded it in August, around the time that everyone was wound up over Orange Is the New Black. Now, at the start of November, it’s less timely, but we hope you’ll prefer late over never.
Some of the points covered in this monotopical episode:
-How much we love Laverne Cox
-Laura Prepon’s unfortunate past foray into Canadian true crime TV movies
-How great it is that Netflix has finally delivered an original show that Jenny actually wants to watch
-Our differing perceptions/tolerances for “camp.”
We spend 20 minutes not talking about Star Trek: Into Darkness. Jenny tries to convince everyone to watch Canadian-made sci fi series Orphan Black. Cynara reviews Baz Luhrmann’s The Great Gatsby.
PLUS: Game show nostalgia. We put out a call for submissions to a list of Feminist Horror flicks. And we close out with some weird My Little Pony stuff.
- Little Bayar takes a stand on the Mongolian steppe in Babies
In this epsiode:
- That adorable BabiesÂ documentary (see photo)
- That (according to Cynara) objectionable sci-fi Timberlake vehicle In Time
- That unforgivable thing Seth Meyers did on Saturday Night LiveÂ wherein he dragged the blameless and pure Kermit the Frog into his mire of fatphobia
- Childhood anecdote about cows
- Metaphors involving breasts